10% of all sales will be donated to SCARS (Second Chance Animal Rescue Society)
We use only hardwoods to create cutting boards and charcuterie boards.
Dense hardwoods are great for making cutting boards that are not easily damaged.
Our boards are food-safe. These hand-crafted wooden products have been sealed and finished with a blend of food grade mineral oils and beeswax.
Proper care and maintenance of your wood cutting board and charcuterie board, with reward you with a lifetime of beauty and use.
STEP 1 - CLEAN
· Wash boards after each use in warm, soapy water.
· Do not leave boards to soak
· Do not wash wooden cutting boards in the dishwasher.
· Dry thoroughly before storing. Air drying is best.
· Regular cleaning of your cutting board is critical to the health and safety of your family, friends and guests.
Your board has been treated with a food grade wax and mineral oil; however, wooden boards should be seasoned regularly to prolong its life and beauty.
· Apply a generous amount of oil evenly to the wood surface (including the sides) and allow it to penetrate for 1-2 hours.
· Use a high-grade cutting board oil or mineral oil.
DO NOT USE cooking oil or olive oil (These oils become rancid and will damage your board.)
· Wipe off any excess oil
Other care tips:
To remove odors, sprinkle your board with salt. Then gently rub the salt into the board using lemon or lime pieces. This also aids in sanitizing the board.
Let it sit for a few minutes and then wipe the cutting board clean with a damp cloth or paper towel. Remove any excess water and air dry the board.
Keep your knives sharp. Dull knives mean that you must press harder to cut, which will mark up your board.
Copyright © 2020 sugarmapleart - All Rights Reserved.